Politics is amusing.

I can’t help but be enter­tained by the stun­ning devel­op­ments in Malaysia’s polit­i­cal land­scape over the past week alone.

The recent events are becom­ing more and more like the fights I used to have (and still do) with my sis­ter. Only this time, its between two big-time VIPs and hence their every move scru­ti­nised, analysed, crit­i­cised and talked upon by 25 mil­lion Malaysians.

Just a month ago, the world wit­nessed the end of the long and gru­elling US Demo­c­ra­tic pri­maries in which Sen­a­tor Barack Obama emerged as the pre­sump­tive nom­i­nee for the Demo­c­ra­tic party, going head-to-head with Repub­li­can nom­i­nee John McCain.

The pres­i­den­tial pri­maries alone took five bloody months and that was only the first step in the long and wind­ing path to the white house not lim­ited to more con­ven­tions, speeches, debates, cam­paign­ing and a myr­iad of terms and processes an aver­age joe wouldn’t have heard of.

The race to the White House: US style.

Obama VS McCain

But if you ask me, the US pres­i­den­tial race sucks. Its down­right bor­ing.

All the cam­paign­ing, all the speeches, con­ven­tions, ral­lies, debates. Meh.

Let me intro­duce:

The race to Putra­jaya: Malaysian style.

Anwar vs Najib

The drama, the shock and awe, the polit­i­cal explo­sions, the alle­ga­tions, the miss­ing PI, the statu­tory dec­la­ra­tion with a 24-hour lifes­pan, the con­spir­acy, the ploys, the accu­sa­tions, the homo, the Mon­go­lian girl, the Turk­ish embassy, the UMNO gen­eral elec­tions, the Sep­tem­ber 16 dead­line, the unan­swered ques­tions, the sus­pense! Ooooh.

Malaysian pol­i­tics is so much more entertaining.

by shenghan in General, Happenings, News on 6th July, 2008 at 6pm, Sunday, July 6th, 2008 06:26 pm GMT +8

u know what? when i read the news­pa­per about that miss­ing PI, i’m more con­cerned bout their dogs. they’re left unfed in the cage. =(

OMG they left dogs behind? Hey, maybe its a clue!

Per­haps they should release those dogs and maybe, just maybe.. the dogs would lead us to some big time evi­dence! Then, then that big dirty truth would be unearthed!

Gawd why no one thought about that!

3. phing said

the polit­i­cal drama never ends !

4. May said

Lol. Guess I’ll just drop by your blog for all the polit­i­cal scan­dal updates then. It’s much more fun than the bor­ing news­cast­ing we hear every­day. =P

They *knew* each other?! =P *takes pop­corn out and stares at the blog for fur­ther entries*

Dude, you just made Malaysian pol­i­tics more interesting!!

@phing, unfor­tu­nately true!

@May, LOL I won’t be turn­ing my blog into a polit­i­cal one any­time soon. But hey.. *Switches the screen to the Malaysi­akini page and sits down beside May and her popcorns*

@cdason, Not more inter­est­ing that it already is! =P

7. bird said

hi ember , may be you are right , the dog is the only point that could bring us the a cut down…XD
    but no mat­ter what , per­haps it could come to an end­ing soon … I did’nt see any mean­ing­ful scheme so far.…
    what I saw is just kick ass drama .…

Hahaha at least some­one agrees with me. =D

Awww it’s gonna end? But I’ve been highly antic­i­pat­ing its next episode. =(

hope the com­ing days we won’t see ‘someone(s)’ being bombed to death using C4 again. =X
    this time not one pretty girl le, it’s whole fam­ily. =O

Woah.

I wouldn’t think of that! =\

*shiv­ers*

11. Fahriee said

Now you don’t have to sub­scribe to HBO to watch action thrillers. Switch the chan­nel to TV3 every night and there’s enough drama to last you the whole week. X)

Exactly! HBO is so redun­dant now.